Here at Sportbay we take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We generally commit to not sell, rent, trade, and license or otherwise disclose any personal or financial information about our customers to third parties except when it is part of providing a service (shipping, security checks) or where we have your express permission to do so.
Use of your personal information
When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
- To give to companies and organisations whose products or services we provide to you;
- To fulfil our agreement with you and processing and obtaining payment.
- To analyse and profile your shopping preferences to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may keep you informed of such products and services including special offers, discounts, offers, and competitions and so on by email, post or other methods.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
Ensuring security on Sportbay
The Website incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information.
We do not keep your credit card information; we just link you to financial institutions where you provide your credit card information for the purpose to make the payment of your order. More on your payment security in Safe shopping guarantee section.
Respecting your privacy
You can easily unsubscribe from our e-mails anytime! Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to unsubscribe from our newsletter. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com for review.
What about Cookies?
A cookie is a very small piece of information that a website stores to save and collect basic information. Many cookies are essential to the operation of our website, for example to allow you to make a purchase or create an account with us. Cookies on our site are also used to customise certain areas of content just for you, and to make your browsing experience more efficient and faster.
Cookies on our website are used for the following purposes:
- To enable you to add items to your shopping basket and purchase them.
- To enable you to create an account to have information such as order history, or your details remembered for later.
- To improve the website’s usability by saving you time on making a purchase or tracking your order.
- To analyse the use of our website through Google Analytics
We treat any data that we collect with a cookie with the same high respect that we treat other data about customers, and only use it in ways that are consistent with the policies described above. The cookies our website uses do not collect any sensitive information such as your name, address, email address, or any other contact details.
Prevention of fraud
We may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks.